Saturday, September 8, 2007

The First Assignment

hi all bored enough to read my blog, my name is Abel. I'm that kid who sits next to the window and is most likely to fall asleep during class. I am born in to the Christian fate , my name is from the bible not the dictionary, and I do have a brother his name however is not Kane. I did the Belief-o-matic survey and my results were this:

1. Orthodox Quaker (100%)
2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (85%)
3. Seventh Day Adventist (80%)
4. Eastern Orthodox (79%)
5. Roman Catholic (79%)
6. Liberal Quakers (76%)
7. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (76%)
8. Unitarian Universalism (61%)
9. Hinduism (55%)
10. Bahá'í Faith (49%)
11. Orthodox Judaism (48%)
12. Reform Judaism (48%)
13. Sikhism (48%)
14. Neo-Pagan (47%)
15. Theravada Buddhism (42%)
16. Jainism (42%)
17. Mahayana Buddhism (42%)
18. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (42%)
19. Islam (41%)
20. New Age (38%)
21. Secular Humanism (36%)
22. Taoism (35%)
23. Jehovah's Witness (28%)
24. Scientology (24%)
25. New Thought (20%)
26. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (20%)
27. Nontheist (18%)


Surprised to see I'm most like an orthodox quaker(insert bad oatmeal joke here) I don't think conservative but more liberal to moderate. Maybe I answered some of the questions wrong but my main faith liberal protestant is the second choice. Nothing really surprising in my top religions except for Unitarian Universalism. Check out what was , for the most it seems like Christianity but very liberal. They also seem to be very kind and like helping those in need something I like doing. They however promote equality with homosexuals. I have no problem with homosexuals but don't go out of my way to help them out. Every other religion on my list was at 50 percent so no really close matches to my faith outside the Christian realm. Hope everyones enjoying their weekend ...Let's Go Giants!

4 comments:

Susan De George said...

Abel, your results are pretty unusual. Usually people who get mainline to liberal Protestantism in the top 3 also get liberal Quaker there and people who get Orthodox Quaker get Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormon in the top 5. Your result is an intriguing combination of more traditional and more progressive. Can you figure out which answers to which questions gave you each of these?

Abel said...

hmm..don't believe I can.Trying to remember what I could have done to get these results and the only thing I can think of is the fact my priorities are differ for different aspects of christianity

Abel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chonte said...

I think all religions change over time just like the bible. alot of things are man made and things in religion are changed because of onces belief at the time, in my opinion. I've never known anything about buda but by reading your blog I know understand why so many people follow the religion and why it has evolved into such a big followed religion.