Monday, September 24, 2007

Well for the most part it seems to me hinduism as a religion that is almost entirely based on interpretation and choice. There are various gods to pick from and ones guidelines and boundaries are based on ones choices and preferences. Someone could culminate their personal beliefs and forma cult as long as they have a following in the hindu religon. The method of worship also is dependant on the person as there are 4 methods of whorship from spiritual mediatation to doing good deeds. As for me the path that I favor the most is doing good deeds and living life to a higher standard. One final thought since hinduism is such an open religion could other gods from other religions be incorporated? For example could some aspects of the muslim religion be incorporated to form its own hindu cult.

2 comments:

Susan De George said...

Which kind of yoga are you picking to do your good deeds and live life to a higher standard?
Also, is Hinduism different or are all religions based on interpretation and choice to a great extent?

Sdwyer said...

The the most part how I interpret Hinuism is that they are very accepting of all or any religion. I wouldnt see them making a big deal about bringing some muslim beliefs to the table. Hinuism has so many GODS I guarantee that one of them has some of the beliefs that muslims do