Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Buddhism
The community I am addressing in this post is the people I work with. I work in a simple grocery store and have been working on the night crew part time.Most of the men I work with are older men about 45 to an average around 55 years of age. Many people consider this age to be years where people are winding down their lives and have lived to see alot and usually these men are dissastisfied with the way this country has changed from the way they knew it when they were younger in their twenties ib about 60s-70s. they are very displeased with the way the community has changed not in the way people dress or do things, but rather their soical values. People tend to be more dishonest , distrustful and petty. In my coworkers time period they did all things we young ones do today but they had lines they wouldnt cross. They always worked as hard as they partied or enjoyed life. This principle is not as evident today in youth, its more like live as fast and as short as possible. A discourse I would give to these men is one I feel the rationalist sect of buddhist would use. Teach your children and those around you to do better and live life right and America will buck this trend of complacency and laziness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment